Monday, March 4, 2013

Nothing Says Spring Like Fresh Basil!

Even though its only the beginning of March and its snowing outside today, I'm already thinking of spring. Last night, I went to the student mass at the Abbey on the SJU campus with my sister's boyfriend, Ben Demarais. Afterwards, he let me take my Valentine from him home with me: a basil plant! A while ago, Ben planted several pots of basil, and yesterday they were strong and mature enough for me to bring one back to my apartment after waiting in the cold bus line. Now my plant is sitting on my windowsill, making me wish for spring! Say hello to Bailey:


Its a pretty gloomy day out today, but spring will be here soon! I am looking forward to making grilled chicken and goat cheese sandwiches, with fresh basil on top! What are you looking forward to most about spring?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I published this post already today, but I just have to add one more thing! I made a cheese quesadilla for lunch and decided to add a little red onion and basil leaves... Dipped it in some pasta sauce. It was delicious!


Mm, I think I could add basil to just about anything. What's your favorite food to add fresh basil to?

With simple happiness,

No comments:

Post a Comment